Dating in louth lincolnshire

Posted by / 24-Nov-2017 15:04

Dating in louth lincolnshire

It was refurbished at a cost of £300 to enable it to accommodate 170 inmates.However, despite redecoration and the purchase of new furniture, it was still described as "an old...The whole of the buildings are well supplied with water and lighted with gas ; and these advantages, coupled with a capital system of drainage, make the sanitary regulations all that could be desired.The works have been erected from designs furnished by Messrs.The group of buildings will accommodate from two hundred to three hundred inmates. ; the entrance gateway forming a pleasing feature, being composed of moulded white bricks with a bold keystone over, which is a large shield with the Scarborough arms carved in high relief.The governor's apartments occupy a central position, and are so arranged that he possesses the fullest command of, and is in the closest approximation with, every ward of the establishment.The following post offers a little idle speculation to help pass the time on the question of whether there was any Hunnic influence on fifth-century Britain and whether the 'Anglo-Saxons' were, in part, descended from Huns.

A parliamentary report of 1777, listing all the parish workhouses operating in England, makes no mention of Scarborough.

Paupers also sold surplus bread to illegally buy snuff and tea.

Scarborough Poor Law Union came into existence on 10th January 1837.

Scarborough workhouse infirmary block from the east, 2001. Scarborough workhouse infirmary block entrance, 2001. By the early 1920s, the Scarborough Union established a children's home at Snowdrift Cottage, Scarborough, where 19 children could be accommodated.

By 1929, the home had moved out of town to two new houses at Whin Bank, Scarborough, where there as room for 32 children.

dating in louth lincolnshire-37dating in louth lincolnshire-11dating in louth lincolnshire-57

It was later extended with the addition of cross-wings at each end. Extensive additions were made in 1897-9 which included extensions to the infirmary, and a new laundry, bake-house and a new board-room. In 1948, the site joined the National Health Service as St Mary's Hospital.